Food tours by locals
Food tour in Copenhagen – what’s not to like in this foodie paradise? Do you love food tours when you visit a new country? Explore the local food markets of Copenhagen. We invite you to a delicious food tour in very good company with your local guide. All our guides are foodies and we believe that Copenhagen is the place to eat… and drink!
We do food tours in these areas of Copenhagen:
- Inner part of Copenhagen – incl a visit to Torvehallerne
- Vesterbro – incl a visit to the new Westmarket
- Nørrebro – incl a visit to Jægersborggade
The open sandwich on rye bread, smørrebrød, is a must on a food tour in Copenhagen. You can get them in kinds and shapes. We will tell you the story about this absolute classic food of Copenhagen and introduce the order in which you eat them.
We specialise in customised food tours
If you are in a group, email or call us and we will plan the tour specific to your request. If you are interested in urban gardening, local brewed beer og wine or have any other interests. Let us know!
The standard food tour includes:
- A bottle of water
- Open faced sandwiches – 3 small pieces
- Chocolate “flødebolle” tasting
- Licorice tasting
- Beer tasting – 3 x 10 cl
- Organic hotdog
- Cheese tasting – 3 small pieces
- A Danish for sharing
- The history of Danish food – from Viking food to New Nordic Cuisine
- Recipes to take with you home as a memory of your visit in foodie Copenhagen
Duration: 3,5 hourContact us!
What is “New Nordic Food”?
In 2004, 12 Nordic chefs wrote a manifesto for the new Nordic cuisine. In this manifesto the chefs made clear that Nordic cuisine can be compared with the best cuisines in the world in terms of taste and uniqueness, but also in its quest for the quality and charm that regional cuisines have. We will discuss the concept New Nordic Food on our food tours.